Brembo's GT systems are designed and tested specifically for track day enthusiasts and for drivers who demand the utmost performance from their cars. These kits offer superlative performance for both normal driving and demanding track day sessions.
The heart of the kit consists of monoblock calipers machined from a single billet of cast aluminium, which ensure outstanding rigidity and minimised deformation. The discs supplied in the kit feature an exclusive venting system that improves cooling capacity and increases resistance to cracking caused by thermal shock by over 40%. Cross-drilled and slotted finishes are designed and executed with meticulous precision. These holes or slots in the braking surface help dissipate heat and eliminate brake dust and gases.
Type III brake discs have a motorsport developed face with an emphasis on a high initial response while maintaining a smooth pedal release.
- Benefit: The highest overall braking confidence, control and allows the driver to spend less time on the brake pedal. When chasing the fastest lap time, less time on the brake pedal typically leads to a quicker lap time.
- Drawback: Any disc with an aggressive face type like the Type III will have a higher chance to mechanically abrade the pad and disc surface leading to quicker or uneven pad wear. However, this really depends on variables such as car setup or track layout.
Slotted brake discs put an emphasis on stable brake feel and improve resilience against thermal cracking.
- Benefit: Stable braking feel at all temperatures, low disc wear, and continuously refreshing the braking surface for optimum performance.
- Drawback: They have the lowest “initial response” or “bite” compared to cross-drilled or Type III discs.
Cross-drilled brake discs are suitable for a wide range of applications, operating temperatures and driving environments (especially wet weather).
- Benefit: They offer the highest initial response of all the available disc face types, while continuously refreshing the braking surface and being also typically a bit lighter.
- Drawback: Cross-drilled discs are generally more prone to heat checking and thermal cracking if used consistently at extremely high temperatures. This, however, really depends on the track, driver, and chassis setup.
- 6 piston cast monobloc radial mount calipers with inner pressure seals & OEM approved dust boots.
- 380mm x 32mm advanced high carbon alloy 2-piece discs (Type III, slotted or cross-drilled)
- Proprietary Brembo stainless steel braided brake lines by Goodridge.
- Brembo engineered CNC billet caliper adapters & mounting hardware.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Calipers (2)
- Discs (2)
- TÜV/DOT homologated metal-braided hoses
- CNC billet caliper adapters & mounting hardware
- Honda Civic Type R | FK2 2.0T K20C1 | 2015-2016
- Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Cost -
- Fitting Time -
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - No additional recommendations.