PRL upgraded charge pipe kit utilizes smooth flowing, 26% larger inner diameter cold-side for increased airflow and factory diameter hot-side outlet to aid in turbocharger spool. 4-ply silicone couplers are used throughout our design for a couple of reasons:
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than the factory.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- (1) Cast Aluminum Intercooler Outlet Piece
- (1) Aluminum Charge Pipe, Powdercoated Wrinkle-Black w/ Vacuum Port(s) & 1/8" NPT Methanol Injection Bung
- (1) Charge Pipe Bracket
- (2) M5 x 0.80 x 10mm BHCS Bolt
- (3) 4-ply silicone couplers
- (6) 304 Stainless Steel Lined clamps
- All hardware needed to install
- Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Luton, Bedfordshire. Contact us for more information.
3-5 working days