HKS Super SQV (Sequential Blow Off Valve) uses a unique sequential valve structure and a differential pressure control system, which allows for a broad operating range from low boost to high boost. Its Pull-Type relief design ensures stable operation regardless of the amount of boost pressure. This Super SQV maximises the charge-response that repeats pressure-charging and pressurised air relief by throttle on and off and supports new generations of turbocharged vehicles.
Factory recirculation valve sound cannot be noticed, but once HKS Super SQV IV is installed, its unique & sharp high-frequency sound demonstrates its existence. Super SQV IV significantly increases its presence and improve the engine compartment appearance. To match with the appearance created by HKS Intercooler Piping Kit, the buff-polished casting pipe is included. By both the sound and appearance, Super SQV IV increases the fun to drive.
- 1.High Quality Aluminum Die-Cast Body
- Silver-coated aluminium die-cast body. Combines the ultimate in looks and durability in the engine compartment.
- 2.High Stiffness Metal Die-Cast Valve
- Secondary valve main portion is made of die-cast metal. Reliable operation with beautiful looking.
- 3.Triple Fin design produces “Super Sound”
- Triple Fins set at the centre of the funnel produces a dynamic and aggressive sound. An optional special Round Fin can be purchased separately for sound tuning.
- 1.Pull-Type Relief Valve Operation
- The Pull-Type valve operation offers more precise relief of excess boost and is compatible for a wider range of boost pressure compared to typical push-type blow off valves.
- 2.Primary Valve (Small)
- Lift off the throttle, and the primary valve instantly opens, quickly discharging initial excess boost pressure.
- 3.Secondary Valve (Large)
- This valve combined with the Primary Valve from the sequential dual valve structure. Optimal blow-off operation from how to high boost ranges without leaking.
Dual Valve Structure, Sequential System
At low boost ranges the Primary Valve opens, and at high boost ranges the Secondary Valve also opens, resulting in linear response and optimal blow-off operation at all boost levels.
As pressure rises in chamber C, pressure is applied to both the Primary and Secondary valves. The higher the boost pressure, the more pressure is applied to the valves, preventing leaks.
Primary Valve Opens
Throttle lift creates a pressure difference between chambers A & B, opening the primary valve bypassing the secondary valve. this creates the initial discharge.
Secondary Valve Opens
When pressure difference in chambers A & B reaches a maximum, the Primary Valve pulls the Secondary Valve open, creating a secondary discharge.
Pull-Type blow off valves will work for any turbocharged vehicle, from stock to highly tuned.
Typical push-type blow off valves require spring load settings for each vehicle specification. If the spring load setting is too low, the valve may leak under high boost and the desired boost setting may not be reached. If the spring load setting is too strong, it may not open at low boost. The Super SQV will operate under any boost pressure setting without leaking.
- Honda Civic Type R | FK8 2.0T K20C1 | 2017+
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Luton, Bedfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Time - 1.5 Hours
- Required Additional Items/Services - Requires modification to fit with Eventuri air box.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - Intercooler Piping Kit (13002-AH001)
Stock Item - Eventuri modification requires approximately 2-3 weeks to complete