The AEM Water/Methanol Injection System Advantage
Water/methanol injection for forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged) petrol engines is a proven means for effectively reducing engine inlet air temperatures and suppressing harmful detonation. This allows racers to reliably increase boost and advance ignition timing without using high-octane racing fuel, for power gains of up to 20%. AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Systems utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol system.
Water/Methanol Injection Advantages For Petrol Engines
Reduces Air Inlet Charge Temps
The term “liquid intercooling” with water/methanol injection refers to a highly atomized mist of water/methanol that is injected into the airstream and begins to evaporate. As it does, this evaporative effect reduces air charge temps by as much as 100 degrees and delivers a more oxygen-rich air charge.
Reduces Detonation (Knock)
Water absorbs heat, and methanol is a cool burning, anti-knock rated fuel. When combined and introduced into the inlet stream, they can effectively increase your vehicle’s anti-knock index so you can reliably increase boost pressure and advance ignition timing using pump gas.
Reduces Carbon Deposits
Modern vehicles fitted with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) devices for emissions control promote heavy carbon build up inside the air intake. This carbon build-up can create ‘hot spots’ in the combustion chambers that can cause detonation. Water/methanol injection has a ‘steam cleaning’ effect that reduces this carbon build up, and in some cases can increase fuel economy.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Boost Dependent progressive controller features large adjustment knobs, an integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test button for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs.
- The wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with colour-coded wires to ease installation, integrated pump ground circuit and additional wire for optional on/off fluid solenoid.
- “Boost Safe” failsafe output included (for complete failsafe under all conditions, see our Water/Methanol Failsafe Device).
- Heavy-duty high-pressure injection pump features integral fittings, a Santoprene diaphragm and EPDM seals to resist corrosion. Our pump maximizes line pressure for optimum atomization and its quiet, smooth operation is almost undetectable.
- A precision-machined billet-aluminium injector with an integral check valve.
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels (250cc/min, 500cc/min & 1,000cc/min).
- 1.15 gallon tank with anti-starvation reservoir, integral conductive low-fluid sensor and positive lock connector (also available without tank).
- 20 feet of SAE 1/4" injection tubing included.
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning.
- All EFI turbocharged or supercharged petrol engine vehicles.
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Fitting Time -
- Required Additional Items/Services - No additional items or services needed.
- Dream Automotive Recommends - For optimum results, all water/methanol injection systems and gauges should be run with an AEM inline filter (AEM Part #30-3003).
Improper installation and/or adjustment of this product can result in catestophic engine and/or vehicle damage. This product is intended for motorsport/off-road use only.
It is the responsibility of the installer and/or user of this product to ensure that it is used in compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations. If this product was purchased in error, do not install and/or use it. The purchaser must arrange to return the product(s) for a full refund.
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water/Methanol system or component. All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons, AEM strongly recommends that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in any AEM system or component.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.
Dream Automotive accepts no responsibility for engine and/or vehicle damage, personal injury resulting from the misuse of water/methanol injection systems, including but not limited to injury or death caused by the mishandling of methanol, or invalidation of any manufacturer warranty resulting from the installation and/or adjustment of this product.