The Syvecs X10 expander is a very powerful device for controlling additional I/O (Inputs and Outputs) in an automotive electrical installation. With the use of two CAN controllers, the X10 communicates with master devices to behave as a slave for it, offering the entire I/O complement to its master device. All our ECU’s (engine control units) will communicate with the X10 with just the use of 2 wires and we have also incorporated logic to allow other manufacturers to be able to work with the X10 as well.
4 of the outputs on the X10 are designed to be driven to a high load or low load, making them extremely flexible in what they can offer. These h-bridge outputs can be paired to control external DC motors which are used in drive-by-wire applications or many other automotive applications.
6 low-side outputs which drive the outputs to the ground are also useful for driving solenoids, relays, and external devices. These outputs also have the ability to have internal pull-up and fly-back diodes set.
4 DAC (digital-to-analog) outputs are also present that converts a binary input number into an analog voltage output. These outputs are useful for sending out a voltage to an external device to mirror a sensor signal for example.
While the X10 has 10 inputs not all of them share the same capabilities. 6 of the inputs (AS Inputs) are fully flexible and support frequency detection, SENT decoding, Thermistor (internal 3k pull-up), and bipolar operation which means the voltage is monitored above and below the reference ground for use with VR Sensors. The remaining 4 inputs are standard 0-5v ADC inputs.
To finish off the serious I/O compliment that the X10 offers, are 2 x NTK Lambda sensor circuits which allow a sensor to be connected directly and output the oxygen ratio via CAN to the master device.
- 4 Half Bridge Outputs (Support: Full Bridges, Lowside or HighSide Drive)
- (15Amp Peak (100ms) 8Amp Continuous)
- 6 Low Side Outputs
- (12Amp Peak (100ms) 6Amp Continuous)
- 4 DAC Outputs (-5v to 5v)
- 6 Flexible Inputs supporting frequency, Sent, thermistor, bipolar
- 4 ADC Voltage inputs
- 2 NTK Lambda Inputs
- USB For Updates and Configuration
- 2 x CAN 2.0B interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- 1 x Kline Interface
- 6 to 26V input voltage range
- Ignition Switch Logic with high current supply
- IP67 Sealed in Automotive Spec -40c to 125c
- 2 x 34 way Superseal 1.0 connectors
- 150mm x 150mm
Dream Automotive offers in-house fitting on all products at our workshop in Luton, Bedfordshire.